What is your favorite breed of dog? & why?

donrae I love Eve - lovely markings and especially her spotted nose. I remember when I was a little kid, my mom was screaming about a pony jumping the fence. Turned out to be a fawn Great Dane. My mom never had an eye for dogs.

I had a black female and a red female Cocker sharing a run and she never could remember who was who by name. Duh, one was red and one was black. Dee Dee (the red) aka the whirling dervish . Won her championship in 6 shows and never got lead trained. The black was Breeze who beat 104 entries ,from puppy class, to win a 5 pt.major & best of breed. She was placid but, her little tail was always stirring up a breeze, so we called her Breeze Box. They were the foundation of my kennel and I was so very lucky, as a total novice, to have someone sell me such great dogs.

Isaiah, you always post beautiful pictures of your animals but, have to agree with all the rest, that turkey is gorgeous.

I knew someone a few years back who had a pit bull. Wolfgang was my introduction to the breed. He was the sweetest, cuddlest, rock of a solid dog, I had ever met. When he would see me coming down the street - he'd start crying till he was let off his leash. He never jumped up(he could have knocked me down) but would sit at my feet while I kissed and hugged him.

Kegs, I have heard Greyhounds are couch potatoes indoors. Do you have to let them run off steam every day to keep them happy? When I have seen Greyhounds being walked around - it seems like folks always have two of them. I have petted some and they seem so well behaved. I'm glad they too were rescues and didn't have to die all maimed up from racing.

Birdlover my (across the street) neighbor had a black Lab,. Magic that I got to know as a young pup through his later years. He had to be put down due to hip dysplasia. I cried along with them.

A friend of mine worked for a dog handler and one of his clients gave her a yellow Lab. Daytona was something else. Such a wonderful , law abiding dog during the day. BUT, nighttime he stole any food, in any shape, way or form he could grab. We once put out the lights and pretended to be sleeping just to catch him. He was fast enough to consume all evidence of his crimes.

A friend of mine worked for a dog handler and one of his clients gave her a yellow Lab. Daytona was something else. Such a wonderful , law abiding dog during the day. BUT, nighttime he stole any food, in any shape, way or form he could grab. We once put out the lights and pretended to be sleeping just to catch him. He was fast enough to consume all evidence of his crimes.
My sister has black labs. I remember her telling me that she came in from work one day and noticed that the dog was looking fat. Apparently, it had pulled a pot of stew from the cooker top, finished all that and ate the wooden spoon! He is old now, but still has to go for walks with a muzzle cos the silly thing eats any and everything! Still, they have a wonderful nature.

OMG did the wooden spoon hurt him?

One of our senior bus drivers had a Weimaraner (spelled wrong) that ate nuts & bolts. , a package of brillo soap Pads(steel wool), figured out how to open the refrigerator door and helped himself, also learned to open the outside door and take off. He had more surgeries than any dog I know. He also "played" with the neighbors yorkie and killed it. Neighbor sued her. She had to pay for vet treatment that failed to save the yorkie, had to pay to replace the dog (100's of dollars) and had to send her dog to her sister in another state - because people made death threats against the dog.

I don't know the fine details but, I am thinking the dog was left home for too many hours while the owner worked. Also she had no experience with dogs especially big ones. Anyway the dog didn't do any of that damage etc once living with the sister who had several kids to play with him.

OMG did the wooden spoon hurt him?

One of our senior bus drivers had a Weimaraner (spelled wrong) that ate nuts & bolts. , a package of brillo soap Pads(steel wool), figured out how to open the refrigerator door and helped himself, also learned to open the outside door and take off. He had more surgeries than any dog I know. He also "played" with the neighbors yorkie and killed it. Neighbor sued her. She had to pay for vet treatment that failed to save the yorkie, had to pay to replace the dog (100's of dollars) and had to send her dog to her sister in another state - because people made death threats against the dog.

I don't know the fine details but, I am thinking the dog was left home for too many hours while the owner worked. Also she had no experience with dogs especially big ones. Anyway the dog didn't do any of that damage etc once living with the sister who had several kids to play with him.

Oh, no, he must have chewed it to a pulp to extract maximum stew residue
smile.png
Yep, keeping a dog these days involves more than a walk a day and giving it some food. Get it wrong, and it can be a whole different ball game with the law and the public.

Mustangrooster. I have to ask what is a Bull Arab- the best I could come up is an Arabian horse but, I don't they use them with dogs.
lau.gif

lau.gif

Sorry, i couldn't help myself!

I'll be serious now....Bull Arabs are alot like Great Danes. However they are more heavier built, are more strong boned than thin boned, and are commonly used for hunting hogs. They are a very large breed, but are adorable! My little pitty' girl who is scared of grasshoppers has some Bull Arab in her.

Pics? C'mon we need pics! I dont own a full Bull Arab, so i dont have any of my own pics to show----so obviously these pics aren't mine, i hope thats ok
roll.png

mista.jpg

Snow1.jpg

img16.jpg

b0bdda9ab2a2fbb105253e5ceea51465.jpg

Hog hunting..
boots_001.jpg

Size comparison, the dog in the pink collar, is your averaged sized dog an "American Pitbull Terrier"

7dee3dd2.jpg

Hahahaha---thats a quick lesson on what a Bull Arab is-i might of got carried away
gig.gif

Doberman Pinscher. Before the idiots started breeding them. At one time they were a robust family dog with a duel career as an military dog.

Doberman Pinscher. Before the idiots started breeding them. At one time they were a robust family dog with a duel career as an military dog.
True, i have seen some horribly over-bred Doberman Pinshcers, its disgusting. Then, you'll find alot in shelters or pounds, or dumped on the road because most people dont know how to really care for this type of breed...therefor they get classed as dangerous...

Back
Top Bottom