What is your favorite breed out of these??

Which is your favorite?

• Total voters
Ooooh, I can’t choose between my Cayuga and Blue Swedish! And those are the only two I have experience with.
:barnie
I’m very biased in the poll- but I would go with Cayuga. Mine has such personality, seems healthier, less messy, larger eggs.... But I love my Blue!

https://goo.gl/images/7pP6Qv
Which lays more eggs?

Ok I think I should give some backstory here. :)

If I had it my way, I would have every single breed of duck there is! :love. Of course we all know how unrealistic this is...:hmm

Anywho, I currently have 5 Magpies, 5 Saxonies and 2 Call ducks. I was planning on getting rid of all the saxonies and focusing on the Magpies, but I would like a mixed flock. I be keeping one of the saxonies, and getting 3 more ducks. 3 ducks, 1 of either of these breeds. Silver Appleyard, Swedish, Cayuga, KC, or WH. And of course the calls. Does anybody have an opinion on this or advice? Thanks!

I think I am going to eliminate Buff. :( (Sorry @Miss Lydia ) I will have a Saxony in there, and I like to have as much variety as possible.

I think I am also going to eliminate the Cayuga. I think the Swedish will do better in my situation.

But, that doesn't mean I will never have these breeds. ;) I really like them both, they just got...edged out. :D

Back
Top Bottom