What is your favorite chicken breed?

What is your favorite breed of chicken?

• Total voters
I like the RIR, but my favorite is just a plain ol mutt. Their colors are fantastic and their personalities are amazing. I just lost my sweet Copper (a random mix), but he was by far the sweetest most colorful boy I had.

Attachments

• 20210114_161947.jpg
    20210114_161947.jpg
    725.3 KB · Views: 3
I like the RIR, but my favorite is just a plain ol mutt. Their colors are fantastic and their personalities are amazing. I just lost my sweet Copper (a random mix), but he was by far the sweetest most colorful boy I had.

Sorry about your rooster!

We love RIRs, too, but they are "extra," as my teenagers say. Our RIRs act like large breed dog puppies: enthusiastic, greedy, loud, needy, and never, ever in a sour mood lol. We can't handle more than one or two at a time.

Sorry about your rooster!

We love RIRs, too, but they are "extra," as my teenagers say. Our RIRs act like large breed dog puppies: enthusiastic, greedy, loud, needy, and never, ever in a sour mood lol. We can't handle more than one or two at a time.
I'd agree with RIRs being "extra.:" Our ISA Browns, which are derived from RIR, definitely act exactly as you described.

My favorites for their beauty are Brahmas, especially Dark Brahmas, but they're not the most practical chickens -- eating a lot for the amount of eggs they lay -- so I only have a few of them.

I'm quite enamored of my two Welp Blue Australorps and am hoping for a good rooster in this year's order (alas backed up to June because so many other people want them too).

Back
Top Bottom