What is your FAVORITE puppy chew?

For our 2 6 month old Golden Retriever chewing machines we use a Kong, raw hide and pig ears. The Kong and Raw hide last the longest. The pig ears are chewed up in seconds LOL

Rawhides are ok to use while you are watching them, which with a puppy should be done anyway. Mine is a very very heavy chewer. She will chew thru black kongs, and anything else she isn't allowed if you aren't watching her. I'd rather she stay out of trouble, and chew on a rawhide. Then get a hold of something she shouldn't which poses just as much risk. ( DVD, Table leg, Remote, etc.)

I use the huge rolled rawhides. They are high quality made in the USA, and not treated with any unknown chemicals. Rawhide is ok to use while supervised. They never get them if someone isn't watching, and they are put away until next time. When they get too small where they might be a choking hazard then, they are thrown out and replaced.

Bluemoon

Oooh - so many great ideas!

This is Boaz's toy repertoire...so far....
tongue.png

Two Puppy Nylabones
Pressed porkhide bones
Big black Kong that he doesn't use too much - a hand-me-down
Miniature tennis balls
Full-size tennis balls
Sticks
Grass
Dandelions
Leaves

And once he got a hold of the knotted end of big sister's giant rawhide, which he really liked, but I didn't let him keep it. Big sister also keeps taking his porkhide bones....
big_smile.png

Raw beef bones containing marrow. Ideally, 4"-6" pieces of femur. Their tiny teeth can't possibly break off sharp bits at that age, and believe you me - it keeps them busy until they fall asleep! They also make a great crate-training tool. If the pup only gets the bone in the crate they learn to LOVE the crate!

My Favorites are:

Food chew item: Beef long bones, or steralized bones stuffed with something yummy, Cow hooves

Non-Food chew item: Nyla bones, kongs

Dislikes: Greenies, Pig ears, bullysticks

My favorites are sticks from the back yard. I have never had a dog that couldn't destroy any store bought chew. Sticks are free and the dogs love them. They come in all different shapes, lengths and textures. You don't even have to waste your delicious peanut butter on the stick to make it taste good.
wink.png

Here is Zoe with her chew:

SAM_2978-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom