What is your favorite quote?

Here are a few of mine...

"I want to be worthy of all the beauties of your nature. It gives me so much joy to make you happy." ~ Winston Churchill

"We are all worms, but I intend to be a glow worm." ~ Winston Churchill

"Music is that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." ~ Victor Hugo

"To know is nothing at all; to imagine is everything." ~ Anatole France

"The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why this is so; but we ask the reason of all evil, of pain, and hunger, and mosquitoes and silly people." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to lonliness." ~ Maya Angelou

I have a special notebook where I collect quotes -- passages from books, poems, random quotes, etc. So there are quite a few more where those came from!

"I’m sorry to say so but, sadly, it’s true that Bang-ups and Hang-ups can happen to you.

You can get all hung up in a prickle-ly perch. And your gang will fly on. You’ll be left in a Lurch.

You’ll come down from the Lurch with an unpleasant bump. And the chances are, then, that you’ll be in a Slump.

And when you’re in a Slump, you’re not in for much fun. Un-slumping yourself is not easily done."- Dr. Suess.

Maybe it's the mom in me, but I think of this every time something happens.
idunno.gif

I have alot of them, but the one that means the most to me is this....

There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who’s ever lived: I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

The Notebook

"If you get yourself killed, I will never speak to you again."
- Tamora Peirce

"Do you give the horse his strength? Or clothe his neck with a flowing mane? Do you make him leap like a locust? Striking terror with his proud snorting. He paws fiercely, rejoicing in his strength, and charges into the fray. He laughs at fear, afraid of nothing. He does not shy away from the sword. The quiver rattles against his side, along with the flashing spear and lance. In frenzied excitement he eats up the ground. He cannot stand still when the trumpet sounds."
- Psalms ... translation read at the beginning of Disneys Secretariat.

"The question isen't, when are you going to stop, but who is going to stop you?"

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to seperate us from the Love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
- Romans 8:38-39

Last edited:
You can never be taken advantage of unless you allow it Eleanor Roosevelt

Think you can....think you can't....either way, you'll be right! Henry Ford

Back
Top Bottom