What is Your Favorite Word to Describe Your Flock?

So, I have seen wonderful terms of endearments on BYC that oozes love for each person's girls.

I was just wondering what word or term of love you use when talking about your girls...?

List them away because I would love to see what you call your girls....
Well, we have Rudy, nickname of our youngest daughter(she's 30 and is not a chicken)! Rudy is the loudest especially starting at 9AM when it is treat time, then there is TT- short for Thunder Thighs due to her extreme amount of feathers in that area, then there are 3 White Rock/Rhode Island Red cross that we can't tell apart so my wife calls the Huey, Duey and Luey! Another is called Martha May and I can't remember the last 2! It's my wife's thing!

Well, we have Rudy, nickname of our youngest daughter(she's 30 and is not a chicken)! Rudy is the loudest especially starting at 9AM when it is treat time, then there is TT- short for Thunder Thighs due to her extreme amount of feathers in that area, then there are 3 White Rock/Rhode Island Red cross that we can't tell apart so my wife calls the Huey, Duey and Luey! Another is called Martha May and I can't remember the last 2! It's my wife's thing!
:lau

So, I have seen wonderful terms of endearments on BYC that oozes love for each person's girls.

I was just wondering what word or term of love you use when talking about your girls...?

List them away because I would love to see what you call your girls....

I call them many names:
- chooks
- the ladies
- the girls
- good SIR (when they're doing something they shouldn't)
- babies!!
- llama (usually reserved for my silkie bantam)
- the lassies

Last edited:
I like to call newborn ducklings tadpoles.
I also like to call my ducks penguins or dinosaurs! :gig

The hens are called the big girls, the pullets and chicks are called the little girls.. in general we call them the fluffs... short for fluffy bum bums because when they forage they stick that adorable down fluff of feathers in the air!

When they don't lay I call them slackers! :lau

NDF_9073.jpg

Back
Top Bottom