What is Your Favorite Word to Describe Your Flock?

Pics
I call mine kippies most of the time. This is a Dutch not existing word. Me and my flock are mainly Dutch. So this fits quit wel.

Chickens = kippen. So kippies is something like chickies. ;).

If they don't listen I call them other names. Like stonme trutten (stupid cows). And if they behave a bit strange I call them tuthola"s. There is no translation for the word tuthola. But you can use it for a young girl/woman who makes a fuss about dressing nicely and spending time on make-up.

My 2 are "cold blooded", I am completely convinced that they would eat me if i was smaller than them. They look at me with one cold blooded eye, they are thinking of a way to kill me. I spoil them to, they give me 2 eggs a day.

I feel like this when I get home.

jurassic.jpg

Here is Moniques death stare

chicken 1.jpg

This is her standing on the back of my chair looking for the best way to end me.:fl
chicken2.jpg

Attachments

• jurassic.jpg
    jurassic.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 13
So, I have seen wonderful terms of endearments on BYC that oozes love for each person's girls.

I was just wondering what word or term of love you use when talking about your girls...?

List them away because I would love to see what you call your girls....
Does it HAVE to be the girls???
My cockbirds and cockerels bring me more joy than the hens. I call them my "handsomes".

I can't but love the way they run...kindof teeter-tottering all the way up to you...it just makes me laugh and think, "What? You did this for me? Do you know how you look? That's me in high heeled shoes!"

This is one of the things I love about chickens, they can always bring a smile to my face or make me laugh out loud. They run so ... absurdly. I know God designed them and they're actually quite efficient, but who can watch a chicken run and not crack up? And how can you not believe God has a sense of humor? No matter what my day is like, chickens just bring me joy.

Back
Top Bottom