What is Your Favorite Word to Describe Your Flock?

I tell my hen I am going to feed the quackheads and peckerheads.
I guess I should add the rabbits are Fluffy farts, and the Turkeys are all named Darwin, as they like to do things such as eat the grass as the weedeater slings it. The neighbor calls all the chickens Henrietta, why I don't know exactly, but they are all name Henrietta. Ofcourse I call all their donkeys, "Don-kay", in my best bad Shrek impression.

These are GREAT!!! What a fun thread!

Mine are: biddies, chook-chooks, chickie-bawk-bawks, big girls/guys, the babies. The 3 new chicks are the Monochrome Gang. But I usually just call them all kids:
"Hi, kids."
"Can you pick up some more food for the kids?"
"Gotta put the kids to bed."
"Why can't you kids be nice to each other?"

I'm sure you get the idea...

I train to mine like they totally understand me. I refer to the hens as 'ladies' although several of them have their own names. Like 'Surefoot' cause she is always tripping over something. 'Daisy' cause she seems to poop every deb steps. So now I sing the dollop of Daisy song every time I see her. My rooster is so pretty and he seems to be such a good protector/romantic. I've name him 'Sir Lancelot'

My hens are the chooks. But behind their back monsters. I mean this in the most ligit way. My Auracana x Brahma will attack mice and swallow them alive, my (deceased now) hen magic actually picked a mouse up by the tail and started bashing it against the wood. I opened the laying box after she left and there was blood on the walls. They have murdered pigeons, chased rabbits you name anything but a predator and i’m pretty sure they have done it

Back
Top Bottom