What is your friendliest Chicken? What breed is it?

Cochins always seem to be my friendliest, most animated birds. My avitar shows me with my little Emma, a barred rock cochin who's been a favorite of mine since she was a baby chick - she LOVES to sit up on my shoulder. I have also an adorable red cochin named Lucy who follows me everywhere and loves being carried around. I have a small rare breed girl that I'm told is a "rapanui", though I'll just have to take the girl's word for it that sold her to me - she was quite shy at first, but now loves to sit on my lap. I have a small assortment of others that are all sweet...but honestly, the cochins historically always seem to be my favorites.

Zoe, my "rapanui" (?) with Emma (these two are best friends), about 2 months ago.
cochins are fun and they are very friendly

oh gosh that's hilarious! Is that her in your profile picture? If so my hen is exactly the same i mean exactly - light brown, always trying to to find ways to get into the garden ( also always straying from the flock, staying out late ( dust bathing, eating, eating some more
tongue.png
)) but at the same time layed back and friendly

Definitely my dominique hen, Ruby. She is the sweetest girl. Runs right towards me and fusses at me if I don't pick her up. Most all of my hens(37) are tame. I feel that a frieghtened hen will never be a happy hen. Make them tame from the start, they are so much happier, relaxed.

Our white rocks are very friendly, follow us around, one in particular is taken with my seven year old. He puts her in back of his push able dump truck and carts her around the yard. We have A very friendly OEGB named "Gwen" who allows herself to be picked up and carried around. She is so little! She was broody and was a great mom earlier in the year too. Her full size RIR and jersey giant chicks she hatched out are just about ready to lay and still snuggle up to her, which is very funny to see!

Back
Top Bottom