What is your friendliest Chicken? What breed is it?

I have a Red Star hen that will come right up to me and will follow me like a dog. I also have a Dominique that is friendly but a little shy. My other two hens and rooster, are a game mix and freak out when I go in the cage.

Love the color of your hen
D.gif

Does anyone have a Dominque ? My Dominique hen looks like a Barred Rock, but the comb is different. She is very interesting. Not overly friendly, not mean, but I noticed she's like a parrot ! A couple days ago she was listening to a crow, then started to imitate the crow's sound. Yesterday she was trying to crow like the rooster !
D.gif

gosh,  what a beautiful &  loving mother hen  , she is  quite  gorgeous, with those amazing markings,   we love the beauty of  this breed, are  they good egg layers... ??   well  you take care &  have a  great   day   Dianna Starr :frow

Actually both hen's are the best moma's.. They are okay for egg production.. When they go broody and raise their young, they don't lay.. So if we can keep them from going broody we will get egg's from them.. I have to say Cheryl' the silkie, has gone Broody the most.. That breed is known for that.. She was a gift from another B.Y.C. Member.. And boy do we love her so much!!! It is hard for her to see with all of her top hat feathers.. When she hatched out her first set of babies, I cut her feather's way back so she could see to protect her young.. Let us know if you are ever come this way, pop on over for a cup of tea..:frow

I have a new friendliest bird. Maybe to friendly, as she gets bumped with my shoes a lot from being literally under foot as much as she can. She loves, loves being picked up and snuggled.

Right now the friendliest chicken we have is a 71/2 month old Delaware named Mean Girl. She's pretty mean to the other chickens (hence the name) but she will fly right up to my shoulder and sit there as long as I let her.

Back
Top Bottom