What is your friendliest Chicken? What breed is it?

This is Roo. He is our rooster, and I have no idea what kind he is….. But every time I come to the pen or just stand by the door, he is always near me. When I say "Roo", he will turn his head or shake his head to let me know he heard his name. It is so so weird, but I absolutely love it!!!!!!! If anyone could tell me what kind they think he is, that would be awesome!

This is Roo. He is our rooster, and I have no idea what kind he is….. But every time I come to the pen or just stand by the door, he is always near me. When I say "Roo", he will turn his head or shake his head to let me know he heard his name. It is so so weird, but I absolutely love it!!!!!!! If anyone could tell me what kind they think he is, that would be awesome!
Can you post a better pic of him? From that limited view I'd guess maybe a mix or poor hatchery quality gold laced wyandotte.

My friendliest WAS Emmy a black sex link. She was eaten by a hawk though, so I'd have to say my next friendliest would be either Pepper (barred rock) or Lucy (production red), although none of my chickens will allow me to touch them, they all shy away. I got them from a breeder that found out some of her chickens had wandered off to hide nests, and hatched out their own chicks. So they weren't hand tame.

Ours are a toss up between a buff orpington and barred rock. Both love to sit on laps and are great with visiting nieces and nephews....super chicken ambassadors!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom