What is your latest prepping project?

most likely getting a 50 cal percussion cap muzzle loader, would really like to get a deer this fall for the freezer. and hoping maybe to do some spring black bear hunting (for the meat)

Started boiling down the sap from a couple maple trees...kids love the syrup I usually end up with a gallon or two....knowing how to do it is good. Getting bees this year to add another source of sweet. Was out finally in the yard getting the garden beds ready...have to rebuild the green house was a rough winter...and they say more snow Friday...ugh sometimes I hate Michigan....50 today snow tomorrow.....

Ha... a mag will blow the head off a squirrel
that is true, more then likely going to trap squirrels, (there classified as a fur bearing animal here and not small game, meaning i can use any fire arm i want and no limits on them during season.)

but are they good eating? also this gun is more for beaver hunting :)

that is true, more then likely going to trap squirrels, (there classified as a fur bearing animal here and not small game, meaning i can use any fire arm i want and no limits on them during season.)

but are they good eating? also this gun is more for beaver hunting :)
I think they are good eating.. I cook them like rabbit or chicken

and here squirrel is small game and beaver is a furbearer .. I think we can only trap beaver in my state...LOL

I think they are good eating.. I cook them like rabbit or chicken

and here squirrel is small game and beaver is a furbearer .. I think we can only trap beaver in my state...LOL
ya beaver is a fur bear in my province as well but we can shoot them as well (same with any other fur-bearer) or use a humane/legal trap for them, i would trap them but the guy who owns the land wants us to shoot them instead.

We eat them big time here in Texas. Unless you get some really big crawdad's, not a lot of meat in the tail. I do NOT suck the juice out of the heads like most do. Honestly, I prefer shrimp. More meat and way less effort getting the meat out.

We eat them big time here in Texas. Unless you get some really big crawdad's, not a lot of meat in the tail. I do NOT suck the juice out of the heads like most do. Honestly, I prefer shrimp. More meat and way less effort getting the meat out.
thank you, i live in the prairies, so there is no fresh sea food for me :(

but lots of crawdads/crayfish, and just found out it is legal for us to trap them. so very interested in seeing how this goes and how they taste :)

Back
Top Bottom