What is your thought on this egg?

skillswife

Songster
9 Years
Jul 19, 2010
SW Montana
I just can't tell. 2 days ago I swear I could see veining on all my eggs, I have a bloodring on one today and there is this one, I don't really see a ring, but don't see good veining or anything either?
IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

Quote:
Your first pic of the egg has no development. This pic looks to be showing the embryo and veining. Try holding your eggs blunt end up where the air sac is on top to get a good candling idea. I use a small flashlight to candle down into the egg. I don't like to hold mine sideways.

Thanks I will have to try that. Its a super bright led mag light that I am using but I am not sure how that really compares to a candler.

I don't use a candler and I have been hatching for years. I just use a small bright light flashlight, very dark room.

I use my husband's regular mag light. One of those big ones. There have been times when I have sat for what feels like forever turning the egg this way and that, trying to find that baby. If I'm not 100% sure, I'll make a question mark with a pencil on the egg and put it back for a few more days. Better safe than sorry.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom