What just happened

Gabrielle1313

In the Brooder
Aug 2, 2017
I walked outside to check on my chickens because I heard one going crazy and was really confused to what just happened. One of my cockerels was on top of the other cockerel humping it. I was freaked out because... I don't know what the heck that was. Is he just showing dominance or something? Im really flustered right now.

I walked outside to check on my chickens because I heard one going crazy and was really confused to what just happened. One of my cockerels was on top of the other cockerel humping it. I was freaked out because... I don't know what the heck that was. Is he just showing dominance or something? Im really flustered right now.
LOL.....they do that....so do goats, cows :love

I doubt it was actually humping it, mounting is about dominance not just sex.
This is the time to start thinking about reducing the number of males in your flock.
I have 3 extra cockerels in my flock, they'll be on the grill in just a week or two(by 16 weeks).

Back
Top Bottom