What killed my turkey?

Chaos18

Minion King
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Mar 24, 2015
Slowly Losing it......
Cleo my turkey is dead. She seemed a little unsteady on her feet. Also kept her head in close to her body. Seemed like she kept closing her eyes like she was falling asleep standing up. Poop seemed normal as I never found any weird looking ones in the coop, I saw her eat a little and drink a little bit. I confined her to a large dog crate in the garage Saturday night and she was dead sunday morning. I noticed that her poops were very runny and contained alot of water but not off colored. She was also very skinny feeling when I felt her and it didn't seem like there was anything in her crop. Any thoughts?

I am so sorry you lost your turkey.
hugs.gif
How old was she?

Lots of things can kill birds. And unless you have a necropsy on them, you can never know.

Your bird could have had worms, she could have been egg bound, she may have had a bacterial or viral infection that took her life. She could have had some sort of internal organ issue, had a heart attack, etc...

Hard to tell if there are little symptoms as with your bird.

She was about 1.5 yrs old. Not laying as most turkeys are seasonal layers. I did a partial necropsy (as my son wanted to bury her) and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Didn't notice any discharge of any kind from her face either. Although When I moved her to the garage saturday night she was having labored breathing.

Back
Top Bottom