What Kind and Color?

mangled

Songster
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
The Wilds of Western PA
What kind of ducks are the brown ducks? I was told Khaki Campbells? And what color would my runners be considered?

5981_ducks.jpg

5981_ducks2.jpg

Thanks so much!!

This is the first time we've kept ducks and I'm completely smitten with them. They come running to me when I come outside and are always near me where ever I am working in the yard. The runners are the friendliest birds I've ever owned.

Thanks again-
Em

Well I see two khaki campbells, the one with the blue wing bands is a rouen, and your runners are blue and the one might be black, maybe just the lighting?

Funny, the Rouen was actually sold as a Mallard, according to my husband. LOL Gotta love the feed store.

The Runners are both the same color, it was the lighting.

Thanks so much!! Now I gotta change my signature.

Em

I'm asuming they are close to the same age, and that makes me think the Rouen that was sold as a Mallard is truly a Mallard. I"m pretty sure that Rouens are pretty large, meatie birds, and that little one is smaller than both your Runners and Kahkis, which are considered to be in the mid-weight class. I could be wrong though, I'm just getting into all this stuff to.
smile.png

Your runners are considered "Cumberland Blue", the official name... otherwise, we just call em blue.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom