what kind of banty do i have?

Its tail looks too narrow and straight up for a Cochin but it does have featherd feet and legs. Do you have a side shot?

She's a cute little gal, but I don't think she's a Cochin, not purebred Cochin anyway. All of my Bantam Cochins have laid light brown eggs, not white, and have had a lot more feathers on their feet than that. I suppose she might be a cross between a feather-footed variety like a Cochin or D'uccle and a clean legged white egg layer like a Rosecomb or a White Faced Black Spanish.
hu.gif

I only have 1 bantam Cochin and he looks older than that one. But he is still a lot fluffier and yes, many more leg feathers. Either a cross or a white something else.

It definetly looks like a hybrid breed. Mabye a cochin d'uccle hybrid. I have cochins and they are way, um, ploofier than what you have there. It has what looks like a crest on the back of it's head.

from a lady that was selling her chickens from a local feed store and the lady thinks it got out of her friends chicken coop into her and she sold her to me.

Back
Top Bottom