What kind of bantys are we? (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by pixiechic, Mar 7, 2009.

1. pixiechic

pixiechic Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    North GA
    I got a couple of little bantys from the feed store the other day, along with my regular-size chicks. They couldn't tell me what kinds they were since they had gotten an assortment. They are three days old today. Can you help?

Banty 1 is pale yellow and featherfooted. She has black feet and a tiny extra toe on each foot, so I suspect she's a silkie, but I can't be sure. If so, will she grow up to be buff, or white, or...?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Banty 2 is slightly smaller and a sort of mottled grey, with a little white at the neck. Her feet are greyish-yellowy-green.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  2. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Congrats,

Chick1 - yep I would guess silkie(looks just like mine) does she have 6 toes? If so YEPPERS!
    Chick 2 I forget which ones have the greenish feet ameraucana or araucana I cannot remember. Too new at this.

3. pixiechic

Apr 23, 2008
    North GA
    Banty 2's feet aren't the same color as my Araucana's, they're more yellow. Here's a better pic of the lil' fuzzball's feet:
    [​IMG]

4. RooptyDoo

RooptyDoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Illinois
    No sure on chick number 2 but chick 1 I am pretty sure is a silkie. They are both really cute!

5. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    The first one is definitely a Silkie. It will probably be white. The second one I'm not sure, but my first guess would be a Silver Sebright or something similar. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  6. pixiechic

Apr 23, 2008
    North GA
    I'd love to have a Sebright - hadn't thought of that. Thanks!

7. pixiechic

Apr 23, 2008
    North GA
    OK, here are some more pics of our mystery chick - first at ten days, and then at three weeks. Any ideas now?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She was so cute that I went back and got the only other chick I could find like her - below:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  8. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    my guess would be silver sebright and golden sebright

9. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    Silver and Golden Seabright! My GS is one of my favs. I have 2 roos. Here is a picture of one of my 8 month old roos!

[​IMG]

10. pixiechic

Apr 23, 2008
    North GA
    Wow, melissastraka, that roo is one handsome fella!

Sounds like the general consensus is sebrights. I have no idea whether they are girls or boys...I guess we will just have to wait and see.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by