What kind of breed is she?

Here’s a full body shot View attachment 2554979
View attachment 2554980
They are siblings.
These roosters were also their siblings
Here’s a full body shot View attachment 2554979
View attachment 2554980
They are siblings.
Btw these were also their siblings( I no longer have them, so I can’t provide full body pics)
5084B5EA-01FC-4D56-B34E-B917D2F74DDA.jpeg

06248172-D513-404D-AA42-2948EFB9DB93.jpeg

3420576D-6BCF-4D7E-B6D5-FC6587F30D3D.jpeg

5E5FFECD-CD06-4634-B11A-BB8CCFF43F96.jpeg

(Bottom picture is old, he looks a lot older now)

They’re siblings. One has a crest. What makes you think pure?
Different strains/varieties of American gamefowl are often bred together. This results in many gamefowl having mixed colors. Crests are not uncommon either. Crested America games are called toppy gamefowl.

Last edited:
Both look like gamefowl lower one at least part toppy or flarry eyed grey if not pure or however its spelled
Top one could be alot of games
If I were to guess the top I'd guess some family of hatch gamefowl
I find your responses very informative! Do you know of any resources I could use to learn more about lines of gamebirds? I really struggle with knowing the families because with most breed color matters quite a bit with identification, but it seems for many gamebirds their physical traits matter more with identification 🙂

These roosters were also their siblings

Btw these were also their siblings( I no longer have them, so I can’t provide full body pics)
View attachment 2555142
View attachment 2555143
View attachment 2555145
View attachment 2555148
(Bottom picture is old, he looks a lot older now)
The top red cock looks like a hatch and the bottom one looks like a grey
Looks like I did a pretty good job guessing
Its not a mix in gamefowl world they are crosses. That specific cross the original parents of all of them were likey a hatch cock over a grey hen . The reason I say this is because if the breeder knew what he was doing he was making that cross for whats called a battle cross. They like the style of the grey and cross with the hatch to hopefully add some punch to his kick. Hatch fowl are crossed with other breeds to make the offspring hit harder. The cock influences the power while the hen influences style of fight. Whether a shuffler or whats called a high breaker. The cock also influences how the offspring will be built as in lighter fast fowl or slower more powerful fowl

Back
Top Bottom