What kind of breed is she?

20210305_141127.jpg

I’ve been wondering what kind of chicken breed Rosie and Silver are, what do you guys think?
They lay small white eggs

Where did you get them?
That sometimes is helpful in figuring out what they are.
For example, if you bought them as chicks in a store, they are probably not gamefowl.

So....not pure.
No. Imagine breeding a black Orpington to a buff Orpington. This would still produce a purebred Orpington, but of a mixed variety. American gamefowl families/strains (such as kelso, hatch, miner blue, roundhead, etc) are all sort of different varieties of American gamefowl. However, not all of them are assigned a specific color. They’re very closely related and strains are often crossed together, creating purebred American gamefowl with mixed colorations.

No. Imagine breeding a black Orpington to a buff Orpington. This would still produce a purebred Orpington, but of a mixed variety. American gamefowl families/strains (such as kelso, hatch, miner blue, roundhead, etc) are all sort of different varieties of American gamefowl. However, not all of them are assigned a specific color. They’re very closely related and strains are often crossed together, creating purebred American gamefowl with mixed colorations.
No those are breeds of American gamefowl. If you cross a hatch with a radio its a cross not a pure American game.
Let's take bantam for example if I breed a black rosecomb with a black tail white jap its a cross. It wouldn't be a pure bantam
Games are breeds
Now within breeds are families
Cardinal club kelso
Bred with an out and out kelso is technically still pure but
In a real breeders eye that's even a cross
To me thats even a cross because different families have different traits even being the same "breed"

No those are breeds of American gamefowl. If you cross a hatch with a radio its a cross not a pure American game.
Let's take bantam for example if I breed a black rosecomb with a black tail white jap its a cross. It wouldn't be a pure bantam
Games are breeds
Now within breeds are families
Cardinal club kelso
Bred with an out and out kelso is technically still pure but
In a real breeders eye that's even a cross
To me thats even a cross because different families have different traits even being the same "breed"
I don’t know if I’m completely understanding. A pumpkin hulsey American game crossed to a miner blue American game, for instance, would be a cross of two different breeds, resulting in something that isn’t an American game? Not a mixed strain/mixed family American game?

Back
Top Bottom