What kind of chick is this?

If that little yellow chick is reddish with white feather tips, she's a red sex link! Here's my red sex link at about that age:

MysteryWyandotteWing.jpg

MysteryWyandotte.jpg

And now:

Lemon3.jpg

They're really good egg layers! And, if that is what she is, and I'd bet on it, she's a pullet 100%.

Thats Great! And thanks for the pics, that really helps to be able to compare! I will have to take some new pics of all the babies soon and post them. They will be seven weeks old tomorrow and are getting absolutely huge! I'm pretty sure we have breeds now narrowed down to Dark Cornish, Australorp, and Red Sex Link. They are all super friendly, though the Dark cornish is a little more flighty than the others if we try to pick her up...but she thinks she is tough stuff and charges the fence when the dog comes to check her out! LOL! Crazy little birds!

Thats Great! And thanks for the pics, that really helps to be able to compare! I will have to take some new pics of all the babies soon and post them. They will be seven weeks old tomorrow and are getting absolutely huge! I'm pretty sure we have breeds now narrowed down to Dark Cornish, Australorp, and Red Sex Link. They are all super friendly, though the Dark cornish is a little more flighty than the others if we try to pick her up...but she thinks she is tough stuff and charges the fence when the dog comes to check her out! LOL! Crazy little birds!
I know this is an old thread, but I would love to see what your girls look like now!

Back
Top Bottom