What kind of chick is this?

I wonder if your speckled chick is a welsummer? I'd go for possible buff orpington,and astrolorp for the other 2 also,but I'm only guessing.

I'm deffinately thinking dark cornish and australorp, but not sure about the yellow one. The pictures aren't showing her color very well...she is very red, except the tips of her wing feathers are almost white!

How are your Dark Cornish as far as egg layers? That is why we got chickens...did not intend to get a cornish. We will keep her as a pet even if she doesn't lay well, I would just like to know a little more about the breed.

She has actually only started laying this week...still pullet-sized eggs, so I'm not sure on that front. But she is an EXCELLENT free-ranger and actually quite friendly (most people say they are flighty) she lets me pick her up whenever I need to.

Ok...so here are some updated pics. They are now just over 4 weeks old. All feathering out nicely, and I still have no clue what breeds they are! Anyone have new guesses to my little mystery chicks breeds and possibly if they are boys or girls?

speckels aka Penelope...thought to possibly be a dark cornish?

penelope

Matilda...possibly a new hampshire red? or Gold comet?

Sara...Australorp or jersey giant?<===== That comb is gettin big fast... did you get straight run or "pullets?"

Back
Top Bottom