What kind of chick looks like a chipmunk??

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure her chicks aren't dark brahmas. I was just pointing out the fact that many breeds throw chicks that have the chipmunk striping. I think they are adorable.
wink.png

sad.png
Guess we will never know what kind of lil chick it was
sad.png

It was fine this morning and I came home from town this afternoon to find it struggling- I think the other chicks squished it. It couldn't walk and was just laying there. I brought it in the house and set up its own chick hospital but didn't really know what to do for it. I couldn't get it to eat or drink, so I just kept it warm until a few minutes ago and it passed. Poor lil guy...
hmm.png

i have the same one...bought from tsc's assorted bantam bin - was told they were old english bantams - they're cute when little but i found them a bit ugly once they're grown...google old english bantams and you'll see what i mean...

Quote:

Quote:
There's no "types" of Easter Egger
wink.png

Any duckwing or partridge colored chicken can look like a chipmunk at young age. Yours is pretty small, it may be an Old English Game Bantam, or it may be an Easter Egger. It is too light and striking to be a Welsummer or Leghorn though.

I have ordered several EE's, and now I request the "chipmunk" striped ones. In my limited experience, they carry the blue egg gene compared to the white EE's who lay more olive colored eggs.

Quote:
I'm sorry for your loss. Even when they are brand new it's never easy.

I have a chick named "chipmunk" because she looks almost exactly like yours did. I got her from Tractor Supply, was told she was a pullet, but the sales person told me wrong. She was from the straightrun assorted bantams bin. She really looks like a welsummer, but I guess it'll just be a surprise as she grows up.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom