What kind of chicken is this?

The neighbor that this hen comes from raises a bunch of game birds. So do you think that little baby rooster will grow up to be mean and fighting?

I did see one bielefelder rooster out one day. He was beautiful. Kinda hope he might be the little roosters dad. Lol

The neighbor that this hen comes from raises a bunch of game birds. So do you think that little baby rooster will grow up to be mean and fighting?
If he has gamefowl in him, he probably won’t get along with other roosters. However, I doubt he’ll be aggressive towards people.

Depends. 2.4 out of 3 of my Game roosters was mean. Lester was scared mean, that is, he never attacked, but when I wasn't looking and one of his ladies clucked, he would be at my heels until I looked at him, then he ran. Chester, Lester's father, attacked only when you came into his space or his hens space. The only time he would attack outside of that, is if you crowed he would hunt you down to attack. Chester lost his spurs, some nails, and a tip of a toe or two somehow, so he never hurt. Lindbergh, Lester's younger brother, was as mean as they got. He didn't who, what, or even where you was, he would attack. He would attack in any way, too. If you was holding him, he would bite for all that he was worth. Lindbergh was so mean that he had been on Craigslist twice. Twice had I ever had another rooster bite. One was Chester, only once when he was under a lot of stress. He bit my face! Lester, once, bit my nose. The difference, from what I've learned from BYC, is if you spoil your rooster. Lester and Lindbergh was sort of experiments of this. Lindbergh had a lot of time spent with him, with Lester, not so much, even though Lester being my favorite, did get some time spent with. Neither on was mean until they were at laying stage of hen. Lindbergh had been around hens right from hatch. About the hen's laying time, Lester had been completely seperated from all hens due to a fight he had gotten into with his father. This may have helped Lester not to be so mean. The Games used to be bred for cock-fighting- to fight to the death. They are an aggressive and intelligent breed. My Games were Silver Duckwing Old English Game bantams.

Back
Top Bottom