What kind of chicken is this?

Chicki_Pooh

In the Brooder
12 Years
Aug 21, 2007
McKinleyville, CA
Hello, I'm new to the boards here & have a question about one of my chicks. This is my 6 week old, Frida (she was about 4 1/2 weeks in the pics). Is she an EE or a Golden Campine? The guy at the feed store said it was an Araucana, after reading that they are a pretty rare find, I'm thinking it may be a Golden Campine/EE mix maybe? Not sure, any ideas? Thanks
smile.png

Frida5.jpg

Frida4.jpg

Frida3.jpg

Frida2.jpg

Frida1.jpg

EE I belive
Easter Egger
big_smile.png

edit add:
Guess I should read more...
I have no idea what it's mixed with and will leave that answer to others...
But either way, it would be called an EE.

Last edited:
I say EE too -the barring is pretty common among EE's (especially at that age), and the legs look too dark and short to be Campine. Plus Campines have single combs and EEs have pea combs, which this chick does.
But that's just me!
tongue.png
Very pretty though!

Quote:
Well, If I have my information correct, if it is a Campine it should lay white eggs and since it has a pea comb it can't lay white eggs.
I wouldn't place any bets on what color eggs you'll get other then white, I'de bet against white eggs.
Anyone with contradictory information, I don't mine being proven wrong
big_smile.png

Added: Ok, I just found a breed with a pea comb that lays white eggs, I'll have to look into that some more.
hu.gif

More Added: I just found a site that contradicts the other site which means were back to square one, Pea comb = tinted eggs.
Ok, i'm done
lol.png

Last edited:
That most certainly looks like a pea comb and an EE. I would also say it's a boy.

Jody

Quote:
why?
hu.gif

I don't see anything that screems "roo" what do you see that i'm missing?

I was wondering if anyone knows what type of chicks these are. They were the last 2 out of 500 at the feed store and they guy wasn't sure what kind they were. I thought they were the same but one is all light yellow with yellow/orange legs and the other one is larger and has black markings on the wings. We don't really care but it is bothering me:) Sorry I wan't talented enough to directly add the pics!

53988_100_1962.jpg

53988_100_1965.jpg

Back
Top Bottom