what kind of chicken is this

denverchicken

Hatching
8 Years
Nov 27, 2011
Hi I am new to BYC forums and new to chickens period.I just bought a couple of hens to replace the three our neighbors dog killed in our yard.The dog actually chewed the wood apart to get through our fence.My son was heart broken our girls were about 8 months and laying great,and we loved them a lot.I decided to get a couple of young hens from a classified add.We got a Buff Orpington and whatever this other one is.I am sure someone knows what this breed is i have been searching for info on the Internet and i found a picture of this chicken with no name by it.Was hoping to post the pic on the forum to find out what she is .Although it would appear that new members cant post pics so any suggestions would be appreciated

Get your post numbers up and you will be able to upload and post pix. Go to the new member section and welcome new members... and
welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for the all of the suggestions i will get it figured out one way or another.
I love the site and look forward to more.

That is a brown leghorn hen. She will lay white eggs and her floppy comb is normal but at risk for frost bite since it is so big. You may find her to be a bit flighty and standoffish.

thanks you guys after looking at some other pics I think you are probably right if she is a brown leghorn she should lay white eggs right I will have to wait and see I have not had her long long but i think soon cant wait.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom