what kind of chicken is this

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by denverchicken, Nov 27, 2011.

1. denverchicken

denverchicken New Egg

Nov 27, 2011
    Hi I am new to BYC forums and new to chickens period.I just bought a couple of hens to replace the three our neighbors dog killed in our yard.The dog actually chewed the wood apart to get through our fence.My son was heart broken our girls were about 8 months and laying great,and we loved them a lot.I decided to get a couple of young hens from a classified add.We got a Buff Orpington and whatever this other one is.I am sure someone knows what this breed is i have been searching for info on the Internet and i found a picture of this chicken with no name by it.Was hoping to post the pic on the forum to find out what she is .Although it would appear that new members cant post pics so any suggestions would be appreciated

2. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    Get your post numbers up and you will be able to upload and post pix. Go to the new member section and welcome new members... and [​IMG]

3. F106A

F106A Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Texas Big Country
    Or use Photobucket to post pics. No need to worry about how many posts you have to get on this forum.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  4. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

use tiny pic.com to get a pic on here. u dnt need a membership to use that sight. upload a pic there and post it here

5. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Any/all of the above. And welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

6. denverchicken

denverchicken New Egg

Nov 27, 2011
    Thanks for the all of the suggestions i will get it figured out one way or another.
    I love the site and look forward to more.

7. denverchicken

denverchicken New Egg

Nov 27, 2011
    can someone tell me what breed this chicken is[​IMG]

8. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    That is a brown leghorn hen. She will lay white eggs and her floppy comb is normal but at risk for frost bite since it is so big. You may find her to be a bit flighty and standoffish.

9. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Probably wrong but it looks like a brown leghorn.

10. denverchicken

denverchicken New Egg

Nov 27, 2011
    thanks you guys after looking at some other pics I think you are probably right if she is a brown leghorn she should lay white eggs right I will have to wait and see I have not had her long long but i think soon cant wait.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by