What kind of chickens are these? Genders?

Jessthebest

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2021
I've had both of these chickens since about a week old. I never thought I'd own chickens, but the conditions they were in at the supply store were heartbreaking and now here we are. I'm not entirely sure of the breed or gender of either, my golden comet has already began laying so I know she's a girl, but she's a bit older. Please help?

Attachments

• IMG_20210619_105613.jpg
    IMG_20210619_105613.jpg
    529.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20210619_105450.jpg
    IMG_20210619_105450.jpg
    653.5 KB · Views: 30
I've had both of these chickens since about a week old. I never thought I'd own chickens, but the conditions they were in at the supply store were heartbreaking and now here we are. I'm not entirely sure of the breed or gender of either, my golden comet has already began laying so I know she's a girl, but she's a bit older. Please help?
I see a Production Blue, & Light Brahma.

Light Brahma looks like a possible Cockerel.

Light Brahma looks like a possible Co

Light Brahma looks like a possible Cockerel.
I was afraid of that. I keep them inside in a spare room that's been chicken-proofed at night, and the white one likes to perch on top of a desk.

I was afraid of that. I keep them inside in a spare room that's been chicken-proofed at night, and the white one likes to perch on top of a desk.
But the blue looks like a female?
Agree on breeds.

Age?
They're four, almost five months I believe. The rural king told me they were a week when I got them but I learned on here yesterday that may not have been the case.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom