What kind of chickens are these... please help

daydreamer226

In the Brooder
Nov 13, 2020
I bought fertilized eggs to hatch. I have 6 that are now 5 weeks old. This is the message I recieved from the lady -
" I currently have eggs from my copper marans, a duccle silkie mix(she’s gorgeous), our salmon favorelles, and our super blue egg layers aka white sapphires! All are bred with our cream legbar so the maran babies will be olive eggers, the favorelles will be mint green layers, the silkie mix will lay blue, and the super blues will be guaranteed blue layers" -
i showed her the pic of the eggs that hatched, and pics of the chicks now, and she said this-
"White eggs are super blue aka white sapphires, brown eggs are olive eggers, tan eggs are salmon favorelle legbars, tiny eggs are silkie duccle legbars, cream eggs are australorps legbars, and green eggs are f2 olive eggers !"
4 white eggs hatched, the suoer blues, yellow chicks. and 2 brown eggs hatched, black chicks with yellow speckles. Can anyone figure out what kind of chikens I have. She said this last-
"The white ones are super blue layers and the black ones are olive eggers 😍😍😍 they are so cute !!!!!"
I am SO confused. I think I have 2 copper marans, but I dont know what breed "super blue- white saphires are?

Footer

Attachments

• 20201020_130345~2.jpg
    20201020_130345~2.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 31
  • 20201216_004035.jpg
    20201216_004035.jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20201216_004015.jpg
    20201216_004015.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 29
I bought fertilized eggs to hatch. I have 6 that are now 5 weeks old. This is the message I recieved from the lady -
" I currently have eggs from my copper marans, a duccle silkie mix(she’s gorgeous), our salmon favorelles, and our super blue egg layers aka white sapphires! All are bred with our cream legbar so the maran babies will be olive eggers, the favorelles will be mint green layers, the silkie mix will lay blue, and the super blues will be guaranteed blue layers" -
i showed her the pic of the eggs that hatched, and pics of the chicks now, and she said this-
"White eggs are super blue aka white sapphires, brown eggs are olive eggers, tan eggs are salmon favorelle legbars, tiny eggs are silkie duccle legbars, cream eggs are australorps legbars, and green eggs are f2 olive eggers !"
4 white eggs hatched, the suoer blues, yellow chicks. and 2 brown eggs hatched, black chicks with yellow speckles. Can anyone figure out what kind of chikens I have. She said this last-
"The white ones are super blue layers and the black ones are olive eggers 😍😍😍 they are so cute !!!!!"
I am SO confused. I think I have 2 copper marans, but I dont know what breed "super blue- white saphires are?

Footer
Sad news is, all those except it white with the tiny comb are roosters.
They look like mixed breed to me, but most Eggers are.

I also do not know what a "super blue- white sapphire" is. An internet search comes up with different options. Hatcheries have recently started creating "designer" chickens. They may be hybrid crosses or even a stabilized strain. These are not recognized breeds and they give them all kinds of strange marketing names. I suspect that is what these sapphires are.

Those "white" eggs actually look blue to me. With a cream legbar father any pullets you get will lay blue or green eggs anyway. Hopefully the other two are pullets.

From your possible mothers with that rooster I suspect the mothers of those white chicks are the sapphires. Nothing else makes sense in coming up with a white chick. From what the lady said I'd expect any pullets to be good egg layers and probably have a relatively small body, more like a leghorn than a Marans. But this is a guess.

Back
Top Bottom