What kind of Chickens are you breeding or do you Breed?

I am breeding Buff Orpintons, probably some of the easiest to breed! Just wanted to see what everyone else is breeding also!
I'm Breeding:
Indian Malay Gamefowl(Also using Indian Malays for recreating the Parrot Beak Aseel in the US)
Chameleons, a color changing Landrace Breed. They need finalizing.

Mini American Gamefowl(Working on my own bloodline made from scratch)

Giant Silkies. They're still a process, only gotten as far as F2 back crosses. Planning on doing more breeding this year.

Largefowl, & Bantam Silkies

Easter Eggers

Random Mixed Breeds for specific purposes.

Do you incubate them or use your hens?
Ah they're Leghorns. They won't hatch chicks themselves. I've had a few start sitting but they'll give it up before halfway through. I've only ever had two hens successfully hatch chicks. One hatched one and the other hatched three.
That's not productive enough for me. I have a couple incubators I use.

Ah they're Leghorns. They won't hatch chicks themselves. I've had a few start sitting but they'll give it up before halfway through. I've only ever had two hens successfully hatch chicks. One hatched one and the other hatched three.
My Isabel's would have hatched if their eggs hadn't cooked. But they were funky anyways sizewise and from Hoovers, so they might have had orpington in their background recently

Silkies. Have 3 folks coming between tomorrow and Saturday for the majority of this pile of fluff.

IMG_0782.jpeg

I do not breed anything, but I would love to breed Cochin Bantams and Rhode Island Red Bantams if I had the time, space and general resources. I would love to show them, but again, I don't have the time. I also would want to get some breed of gamefowl, preferably Ond English Game or Modern Game, and breed those and show them—but, in order to show them, I would have to dub and crop gamefowl. There is NO WAY I am going to support cutting off the body parts of animals.

I do not breed anything, but I would love to breed Cochin Bantams and Rhode Island Red Bantams if I had the time, space and general resources. I would love to show them, but again, I don't have the time. I also would want to get some breed of gamefowl, preferably Ond English Game or Modern Game, and breed those and show them—but, in order to show them, I would have to dub and crop gamefowl. There is NO WAY I am going to support cutting off the body parts of animals.
I have eggs in the incubator that come from two of my hens, one Rhode Island Red Bantam hen and one Silver Sebright hen. All of the chicks are going to be hybrids, but I think that still counts as breeding something. I am doing it for fun.

We have a Leghorn that is always wanting to sit on eggs. It's kind of uncharacteristic, but it's cute!

Lol, you sure it's a real Leghorn?
Yup, white as can be, small, but flattens itself out really well when it comes to sitting on eggs. It doesn't get mad when you touch it, but it acts like it'd rather be left alone! One time I put like 10 eggs in a little nest on the ground in the coop, and all the chickens came and were looking at it, but then she came through and established herself firmly! XD

Back
Top Bottom