What kind of chickens could I get for inside the city limits

rubenmarquez23

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 27, 2014
Houston, Tx
Hello guys I live in the city limits of Houston, Tx and so far I have a bantam and I want to know what kind of companions can I get him? And if any members are from Houston, any places where I can buy?

just so you know these are a few guidelines for keeping chickens in texas http://www.chickencoopguides.com/articles/keeping-chickens-texas/ here are some options in texas for buying chickens and chicks
Texas
Ideal Poultry: Family owned and operated. The largest supplier of backyard poultry in the U.S., shipping nearly 5 million chicks annually.
X-treme Game Birds: Ducks, geese, quail, guineas, chickens.

Leon Valley Trading Co.: Small family owned Poultry Producer with an emphasis on Rare and Semi-Rare breeds and the perpetuation of True Breeds.
Randal Burkey Company: Chickens, gamebirds, waterfowl, turkeys, guineas, peafowl, pheasants, and supplies
H and H Poultry: Carries less common breeds, including Russian Orloff, Various Marans, Silver Penciled Egyptian Fayomi, Mottled Houdan, Mottled Java, Sultans, Dorking, Blue and Black Andalusian, Splash Andalusian, Welsummer, Salmon Faverolle, and more.
Chickens for Backyards: Chickens, turkeys, ducks, and geese. You can order as few as three chickens.
Texas Poultry: Rockport Tx. Blue Andalusian, Golden & Silver Spangled Hamburg, Gold & Silver Lakenverder, Egyptian Fayoumi, Brahma, Cornish, Dominique, Jersey Giants, Rhode Island Reds, Cochin, Pheasant, Quail, Crested breeds, meat birds, bantams, Guineas, Turkeys, Geese, game birds, and ducks.
Diamond H Ranch: Bobwhite quail chicks and flight-ready birds.
Honey Suckle Farms: Small family-owned farm located in Conroe, tX that specializes in rare, exotic, and heritage breed poultry and ornamental pheasants, including seramas, dorkings, marans, and American onagadori.
Texas Peafowl: Weatherford, TX. Rare colors of peacock, with over 40 patterns. Information, photos. Grown birds for sale.
Hill Country Poultry: Multiple breeds of birds, from chicks to egg-laying age. Located in Burnet. Does not ship.
Nonesuch Farm: A small farm dedicated to preserving rare and noble breeds of livestock and heirloom vegetables. Chicks available at the farm, located near Houston. Hatching eggs available: Golden Cuckoo Marans, Black Copper Marans, Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas, Salmon/Blue Salmon Faverolles

Back
Top Bottom