What kind of chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bobbiejocook, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Bobbiejocook

Bobbiejocook Hatching

Mar 27, 2018
    I recently got 4 chicks with feathers on their feet. 2 black and 2 white, I forgot to remember the type. Please help me.

2. sylviethecochin

sylviethecochin Free Ranging

Jun 14, 2017
    Central PA
    Hello and Welcome to BYC!

There are a lot of types of chickens with feathers on their feet. Do you have (or can you take) any pictures that show the chicks from the side, as well as their combs and feet? That would be really helpful. Also, could the bin have been labelled "bantams?"

3. Bantams, silkies? Cochins? Brahmas?
    The experts will require a photo, hopefully this helps and you may remember. Good luck and have a great life with your little lovelies.

sylviethecochin likes this.
  4. Bobbiejocook

Bobbiejocook Hatching

Mar 27, 2018
    hopefully you can see these pic.

Attached Files:

5. sylviethecochin

Jun 14, 2017
    Central PA
    Looks like a partridge-coloured and a white-coloured, standard-sized, Brahma. Or a Cochin. Do their combs stick up, or are they flat? It looks like the partridge one has a straight comb, but I'm not sure.

6. Bobbiejocook

Bobbiejocook Hatching

Mar 27, 2018

they are about a month old

7. sylviethecochin

Jun 14, 2017
    Central PA
    I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I think you're saying that the chicks don't have very large combs because they're not very old?

There are different kinds of combs that look very different on baby chicks. I'm asking what kind of comb they have, as Brahmas have pea combs, and Cochins have straight combs.

[​IMG]
    These guys have pea and rose combs, as are labelled in the picture.

[​IMG]
    These guys have straight combs.

I hope I didn't completely misunderstand your post and am actually providing useful information.

obicat likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: