What kind of dog do you have?

What kind of dog(s) do you have?

• Sporting (Gun) Dog - Retriever, Pointer, Spaniel, etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hound - Beagle, Greyhound, Basenji, Foxhound, etc.

• Working Dog - Mastiff, Dane, Doberman, Akita, etc.

• Terrier - Westie, Mini Schnauzer, Airedale, Cairn, etc.

• Toy (Small Companion) - Pug, Maltese, Papillon, etc

• Non-Sporting Do - Dalmatian, Keeshond, Schipperke, etc.

• Herding Dog - Australian Shepherd, Collie, Heeler, etc.

• Heinz 57 - An Awesome Mix of...Something :)

• Total voters
Beautiful photos. I love, love, love dogs. All breeds & sizes.
And SillyChicken, I would love to see photos of your pack!
wink.png
I've only see one cane corso in person. Gorgeous!

Quote:
We are a foster home for our local SPCA, it seems unlikely but around here its "amazing" how many purebreds are in the shelters, and that is where all but one of our dogs came from, (the one that didnt was adopted from Craigslist but she was certainly a rescue the poor thing)

Quote:
She does look similar in the features.
smile.png
But Hexe has a hidden secret, she is a bi-color.
wink.png

She is a bi-color? I can't see it in that picture. Abby's brother Chance is a bi-color too. He is a very classic bi-color, with tar heels and penciling on his toes.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g46/sgtmom52/Puppies/P1070491photoshopped-1.jpg

He is a handsome boy.
smile.png
I love the darker GSD's.
She has just a few tan hairs in between her toes, so for any normal person looking at her they can't tell.
smile.png

Her son is a bi-color also. But has a lot of tan to his legs, if he had any more tan he would be a blanket back! lol

Nov21008.jpg

MomtoSyd&Emma :

Quote:
We are a foster home for our local SPCA, it seems unlikely but around here its "amazing" how many purebreds are in the shelters, and that is where all but one of our dogs came from, (the one that didnt was adopted from Craigslist but she was certainly a rescue the poor thing)

Glad you said that. Actually it's why one of mine is (apparently) purebred. Mine are always rescues, too. Maybe at least people are getting a little better about when/whether they let their dogs breed.​

I think some people may have picked the primary breed for their mixes instead of the heinz 57 option. I did for my shepherd mixes, and the heinz 57 option for my weirdo chow mix.

Quote:
All of mine are rescues from the shelter or off the side of the road. I give homes to the dogs that call to me. I know how to handle these breeds. With a mutt, unless I know the specific breeds in it, I may have a crapshoot of breeds that I do not know how to handle. It could be disastrous for me both me and the dog.

Back
Top Bottom