What kind of duckling is this?

rfducky

Hatching
Apr 26, 2021
A5907BB5-7A16-4898-9902-ED1CB57D4687.jpeg

Just wondering if anyone knows what breed this is. Also, any tips on how to stop my other 4 week old duckling from pecking and snapping at it? Should I just wait until they get older to let them near each other? The one pictured is only a few days old

Last edited:
View attachment 2689793
Just wondering if anyone knows what breed this is. Also, any tips on how to stop my other 4 week old duckling from pecking and snapping at it? Should I just wait until they get older to let them near each other? The one pictured is only a few days old
Looks more mallard to me. None of my Rouen's ever had that much color. Though it is still a possibility.

View attachment 2689793
Just wait until they get older to let them near each other

Its a Mallard. Rouen ducklings will have a second stripe down their face.
Op, you should really consider getting a second friend for this little one thats the same age. That will make introduction much easier.
If you can't, set up an area so the younger duckling and older ones can see but not touch each other. This will help get the introduction going without anyone getting hurt.

Back
Top Bottom