what kind of ducks do I have!?

BradC1080

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 18, 2011
First of all I am a 24 year old CHILD. My cousins got some baby chicks and ducklings so I went strait to CAL ranch and got two of each for myself and then asked my girlfriend if I could have them.
big_smile.png
I've been researching on here but I have no idea what kind of ducks I have. The one was black and yellow and had the black stripe down the side of his head (I think Mallard) The other was just a Yellow duckling but she isnt getting any color (I think Pekin) I was hoping one would be a green headed Mallard and the other a brown one. I just started a profile so they wont let me post pics. If you'd like you can email me and I'll send pics. Thanks!!!

The female looks cross between rouen and mallard. See the mama duck in this photo? She's a mix of mallard and rouen. She's got just enough mallard to be able to fly:

(notice the ducklings, some have two eyestripes, though a couple of them are faint and almost unnoticeable)

64797_rouenducklings0418.jpg

Here's another mallard-rouen (and possibly a little pekin), but in this case, she has too much rouen and can't fly:

64797_chocolate21122.jpg

Back
Top Bottom