What kind of evil...

You certainly should call the cops for this, to get some remorse for you beloved kitty. It's hard to lose a pet, but when they are murdered by heartless *insert many forum in-appropriate words here*, that just makes it worse.

You may not think the cops will do anything, but that is how murderers and pedophiles start. They murder the helpless, than move onto more "challenging" victims. I may be over-reacting, and I know that nothing can bring your precious kitty back, but you have to get some justice for Lynx.

hit.gif
hit.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I saw your other thread and was hoping he would come back. I agree that you should call the cops. He had a collar on that was as clear as day to see so they knew he had a home! That is so cruel and I dont think i could have been as calm as you are about this. I would have found they guy who trapped him. I am soooo sorry for you loss of Lynx.
hit.gif
hugs.gif
hit.gif
hugs.gif

Good god... but one thing's for sure. Those things aren't people.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you're going through.
hugs.gif

Let me start by saying that I am sorry for the loss of your kitty
hugs.gif

Is it at all possible that the person trapping found your cat in the trap and it was already dead?

In Iowa, as a trapper, I am required to check my traps at least once every 24 hours. I am aslo required to have my traps marked with my name and address.

Incidental trapping of non-target animals happens. It is a sad reality, and I do not like it when it happens, but if I have a non-target animal in my trap, and I have in the past, I do everything I can to relieve the animal of it's suffering. This could simply be a case of a non-intended animal being caught, especially if the kitty died instantly in the trap.

Again, I am sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

Last edited:
A very serious suggestion, offered with good intent:

You have someone in your neighborhood that you know harms cats. You know that there are real dangers out there. So if you want to get another cat, keep it indoors where it will be safe.

I'm so sorry!
Is it possible though, that you feel the cat was trapped for days, that he may have died in the trap or looked so beyond help that the trapper (who obviously is not checking traps as needed) or someone else put him out of what they felt was doomed misery? Doesn't excuse not trying to contact an owner though, since the cat wore a collar.
Again, so sorry for your loss.

Quote:
I think that I understand where you are coming from, but such negligence on the part of any trapper makes this even more reprehensible. I trapped with legholds as a kid and was required by my parents to run my trap line twice a day - in the AM prior to school and in the PM after school let out. I presently snare fox at a club to which I belong. Regardless of conditions those snares are checked daily.

Yes, I have inadvertantly caught non target animals, but have always been able to release them relatively unscathed.

Back
Top Bottom