What kind of game bird is this?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Cornishx, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Cornishx

Cornishx Out Of The Brooder

Oct 31, 2012
    Some Asian guy gave me theses birds in exchange of lumber. He said they were from "good blood lines". I assume they are fighting/game birds. I am against fighting of any animals but I like the genetic opportunity.

I am planning on breeding them into my stock of layers, is that a good idea? I am thinking they will add some "survivalness" and "wild" into my otherwise dumb easy to kill flock of domestic layers. Better foraging? More aggressive?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Wow! Lucky! Definitely asian birds. Not too good with the exact breeds but they look similar to my Shamo.

3. upthecreek

upthecreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    South Alabama
    Yes they are Oriental ..... lately i've seen a lot of blues/splash/pyles around in the variety of Thais (where you located?)......... but could be Ganoi , Brazilian , might even contain some Asil blood or Shamo . You need to contact the guy and find exactly .

Nice birds .... they will give you a strong bird physically and mentally . Sometimes we need to be careful what we ask for as we might get more than bargained for .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by