what kind of games do you play with your ducks?

I just buy a bag or two of frozen peas and thaw a cup full in warm water for a little while, don't get canned ones they have too much salt. They definitely work mine go nuts over peas and dandelions leaves so far there is an awesome sticky called the ultimate list of treats and supplements for ducks it has so many treats you wouldn't even think of and ones to avoid and also what ages certain ones can be given. When mines were that small I would crush the pea up with my fingers before I gave it to them oh and also that is so sweet she is attached to your silkies, post some pictures when you get a chance!

Here are a few pictures

Haha that's so weird. :gig your duckie is so adorable I see the one.of her with the silkies in your profile picture, superly duper sweet!!

Last edited:
That is absolutely precious :)  My 2 1/2 year old niece bolts for the duck pen the instant her feet hit the ground.  Watching the little ones grow up loving critters is such a joy.  You're daughter has to think they're the coolest toys ever!
she probably does get freaked out about me taking her house haha but I do.think.they see colors crazy awesome, I.once read an article about hummingbirds (I think it was hummingbirds if not some.other flying thing) and they said that they see colors way beyond our own perception we wouldn't even be able.to.come.close to thinking of some of the colors they're just not in our vision the eyes are so.interesting to.me. that is so sweet, my baby girl is one and she loves being around the ducks but she's kind of a sneaky one so.I have to.watch her, she likes trying.to pick at their tails of push them haha I don't.know why but she loves feeding them snacks and watching them.swim the smile.on her face is completely priceless. Sorry for all the random periods my period dot is right next to the spacebar on my phone and somehow I always hit.it :/

My dad owned a cockatiel a number of years ago and after some work it was very friendly, would come when called, perch on your hand/shoulder, and was generally a real pal.  Then he made the mistake of taking in a second one and instantly the bird turned into a rotten *******.  Completely antisocial with people.  

I suspect many birds are this way.  My Campbell's went from timid to virtually wild first week out of the brooder.  Today their favorite game is "run away".   They are enjoying their life in their new run by the stream with each other and are good about going in their box at night so as long as they give me eggs they can do what they like IMO.  It's a shame since they're really a great looking bird, butt perhaps next year I'll grab half a dozen of another breed that's reported to be friendlier.  Being able to lead them around the yard for bug hunting would be really sweet.  My chickens are pretty good about following me and letting me pick them up, though not nearly as cool looking as the ducks.

I think.you're right, I found this site that breaks down exactly what you're talking about I.hear Pekins are really friendly mine does run when I walk.towards her but when I pick.her up (after a minute of trying to.get away) she'll let me.hold.her on my lap and loves when I pet her chest my runner follows me better but doesn't like.to be picked up or petted as much at all haha

Two words: laser pointer!
Woah really!? I'm going to have to try that I've only ever done that with cats and dogs sounds like it would work. Today we went bug hunting and wouldn't you know it everything I normally move and thousands of Beatles and slugs and other bugs are normally underneath were vacant today:/ we did find one spot that had a few but my ducks weren't as interested at catching them we found one slug and I had to pick it up and had feed it to marceline same with Gunter I had to hold a little Beatle for her to notice they even sat on the Beatles haha Gunter did go after a couple and caught them though

Yep, Wobbles loves to chase it! On the other hand though, Bean's terrified of it...but then again, she's terrified of everything. I feel bad, we've only taken her outside a handful of times during her life thus far. Since she's so skittish and we don't have a leash harness for her yet, we're afraid of her darting off and not being able to catch her again. She's bonded to me, but I can't even get her to follow me when we're inside; I fear she's not the brightest bulb. The poor thing is even afraid of her food dish half the time.

To end things on a positive note, here's Wobbles going to town on that laser!

0.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom