what kind of games do you play with your ducks?

marcelineduckie

Songster
May 9, 2015
California
Last night when it was time for marceline and Gunter to come inside and hang out before bed, marceline was curious about some plastic Easter eggs my youngest was playing with. She started to roll them around with her beak. It was really cute and got me thinking we might be able to play roll the ball with her. So I was just wondering if there were any games your ducks like to play, or if there were any toys they really like, or what they do to bust That boredom

Last edited:
Wow ducks play more games than I thought! I want to take them to go.catch bugs but I don't think they are ready for.that, maybe the runner is she tries to catch the flies but marceline is very stubborn and slightly skittish. Right now I'm still working on calling them, they don't understand their names and if they do they are jus being plain mean to me and not listening haha I've started using a double.snap or click noises with my mouth and Gunter is actually way better at coming marceline will follow.if she notices Gunter is getting a snack. That is so.cute your duck.plays with hot wheels I might have to go through my kids toys and bring some out and see what happens!

Mine were 19 days old in that photo when we first went snail hunting. I used a quart container with duck crumbles combined with a funny "Har, har har" noise - shake the crumbles and make silly noise - give hand fed crumbles when they come. Worked like a charm until they reached laying/mating age and were more bonded as a flock than to me. At one year they still come running if I shake a container of treats but they are in a run now, otherwise they escape to the neighbors pond :)

The Hot Wheels sound hilarious!

As young as they are, you still have the bond factor if you exercise it, I think. Mine are Ancona's so their personalities are different but they have Runner in their gene pool. Play follow Mama around the yard, they aren't too little unless it gets cold. Petting and cuddling went away very quickly by 4 weeks but the whole let's follow Mama continued until mating/laying. Off to the mailbox and saying Hi to the neighbor horses -
Haha oh my they are just too adorable! My duckies don't like cuddle time very much but that's ok at least they'll still sit with me sometimes they do love swim time and I always sit by the pool with them my pekin always watches me when they are outside and I go in for a minute she's still following through the window . They cry to me when it starts to get darker out and I just read something about how they have amazing eye sight better than their hearing but the don't see as well at night. Oh and they see green blue yellow and red very vibrantly no wonder marceline trips out whenever I am moving their bright red dog house haha

That was the cutest video! I'm going to start training today!

Isn't it adorable :) I've also seen ones where they have taught them to play ball, rolling it away and the duck pushes it back for a treat, I tried that with mine but they were older and it scared the crap out of them lol - oops!

We just played hunting games last summer. I showed them how to hunt for snails on the cattails in the morning and would sit in the yard with a bowl of ice water and break up dandelions and clover for duck salad. Mr. Blue would play with my zipper pulls and that became a game too. You can make a game out of just about anything when you start when they are little. And until mine were teenagers even going for a walk was cool :)

Snail hunting:

Walks

My male likes to roll the ball back and forth as well as hot wheel cars. He likes cardboard boxes and when the ball is on a string for catch/keep away

Wow ducks play more games than I thought! I want to take them to go.catch bugs but I don't think they are ready for.that, maybe the runner is she tries to catch the flies but marceline is very stubborn and slightly skittish. Right now I'm still working on calling them, they don't understand their names and if they do they are jus being plain mean to me and not listening haha I've started using a double.snap or click noises with my mouth and Gunter is actually way better at coming marceline will follow.if she notices Gunter is getting a snack. That is so.cute your duck.plays with hot wheels I might have to go through my kids toys and bring some out and see what happens!

My two are 12 weeks old and love shoes, mainly boots. They like to get there head inside and play with the zip. They take one each and lay with them. They also have a thing for my bag. I hangover it on a chair and they play with the strap zipper and it has studs on. This keeps them entertained for hours.

My two are 12 weeks old and love shoes, mainly boots. They like to get there head inside and play with the zip. They take one each and lay with them. They also have a thing for my bag. I hangover it on a chair and they play with the strap zipper and it has studs on. This keeps them entertained for hours.

What is it with ducks and zippers, they're so funny!

Back
Top Bottom