what kind of incubator do you have????

Two GQF Sportsmans, one old 1202, one a bit newer, no idea of model, but it's an incubator only. I really like them. I'd prefer a fully digital model, but maybe when I when the lottery
smile.png

Last edited:
Usually one of my Cochin hens.........
If they are not broody, I actually had some really great hatches with my Hovabator, forced air and an egg turner.........100 % hatch rate on shipped eggs this year is hard to beat.

I have a home made incubator. I had a 25% hatch rate on my first hatch. Then made some adjustments, changed the thermostat etc. There's another set of eggs in there now and they are looking good. Due to hatch on Dec 10th. If you like to build things you can save a lot of money and learn a lot building one. But, if I could afford it, I'd have bought one for sure.

After a long study of the 2 GQF sportsmans my cousin spent $1500 on, I went home to my woodshop, & PRESTO a homemade GQF for $165. I wired in an extra wafer thermostat for "fine tunein" the heat. I painted it blue with blue plexiglass in the door, with a big "GOT EGG?" sticker on the plexiglass. STYLIN'! It works great!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom