What kind of incubator is best for a small batch of quail?

Quote:
Pop the two viewing windows out without removing the top half, and retrieve them from the two big openings. The lexan windows are just press-fitted in the top, and remove / re-install easily. This solves the escape problem.

That works for a while, until you wear out the 'seal' around those windows, then it's a nightmare trying to regulate temps and humidity.
smile.png

Quote:
Pop the two viewing windows out without removing the top half, and retrieve them from the two big openings. The lexan windows are just press-fitted in the top, and remove / re-install easily. This solves the escape problem.

That works for a while, until you wear out the 'seal' around those windows, then it's a nightmare trying to regulate temps and humidity.
smile.png

Had mine out prolly 20 times or so, and they're still as snug as a cork in a wine bottle..

Quote:
smile.png

Had mine out prolly 20 times or so, and they're still as snug as a cork in a wine bottle..

You're lucky, I did that with the one I had and the windows got to where they would fall out every time you took the top off
hmm.png

Quote:

You're lucky, I did that with the one I had and the windows got to where they would fall out every time you took the top off
hmm.png

Well, Shelley....... after all of the problems most folks have with them, I figure I got one that was made in the middle of the week.........as opposed to everybody else's being made on Friday at quitting time........LOL. Seriously, it has done me good, but I will retire it this winter and build one like I want. I may rob the fan from it, but the heating element / thermostat is not what I want in my bigger version. I wish I could afford one of those GQF Sportsmans, but my budget won't allow to go that extravagant..........not with 3 little ones runnin' around here wantin' this and that......
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
meh, my dad just said no automatic turner, so i may not need to make an incubator

Hang in there, buddy...........we'll get you fixed up with something that will turn eggs into fuzzballs.......
wink.png

Quote:
meh, my dad just said no automatic turner, so i may not need to make an incubator

Hang in there, buddy...........we'll get you fixed up with something that will turn eggs into fuzzballs.......
wink.png

lol, thanks

Back
Top Bottom