What kind of Mama bunny is this!

She make them a nice nest that night
smile.png
They are doing great now @ a little over 2 weeks. Thanks for the heads up though on the pine shavings!!
Quote:

Pics are misleading. I would offer to say she is a rex, but I would need to know her weight.
If she is on the larger size she may be a Checkered Giant X but thats just a guess really hard to tell. Glad they arre doing well
thumbsup.gif

She's cute!

She looks to be a mix, but I only know my breeds and breeds I owned before. I got one for my grand daughter at auction last summer and she's the same color only no white. I know she's mixed, but who cares. She's loved.

Could be that since she has made it this far and under the weird circumstances of kindling right after you got her, she may not be a first time mommy. Lots of people will take a doe to auction who is pregnant if they don't want to deal with a litter and other times, they don't even know that are pregnant.

She's gotten this far and looks like you are doing a great job providing her with what she needs. She must have been very tired or very comfortable to kindle after being rehomed and in new surroundings. Could have been upset enough to kill them, but she must have felt safe. Poor baby. She sure seems happy.

Make sure you give her a little Timothy hay and something for her and those babies to crew on to keep their teeth from growing too far.

I'm waiting for my bucks to be mature enough to breed. I may have to go ahead and get a couple of younger does, since they may not want to breed by the time the boys are old enough. The waiting is killing me.

Head shape is wrong for a rex, and fur (of course possible mix), but sq rex have a very distinctive head shape. I would think satin, or satin mix, her color isn't right. Tri or calico isn't allowed (though I would always have one in a litter of my chocolate satinxchocolate satin). Yours is a charlie (pattern, no butterfly or color on nose) I would guess satinxnz maybe depending on her size.

Thanks!! I wasn't too concerned if she was a mutt she's very sweet and a pet
smile.png
I did give her some timothy hay and they have now been venturing into the outside run and nibbling grass with Mama. When we got her home I was pretty sure she was pregnant, we could feel all the little legs in there
smile.png
But I really didn't think she'd have them that day!! I hadn't even gotten her into her outdoor hutch. But I was glad because it was very rainy that week and chilly. Poor thing though she was stuck with them in a rubbermaid tote for a week. We let her out a bunch for some alone time! When we brought her out she was so scared I don't think she ever got to be on grass! But it didn't take her long to stretch out and enjoy herself=) The kids are loving every minute of them! Wish you luck with breeding
smile.png

Quote:

Thanks. I have Lionheads. I bought two brothers because I couldn't pick just one. LOL

I'm hoping I can get torts and chocolates and maybe
fl.gif
more blues.

So what are you gonna do with all those bunnies?? hehe

Back
Top Bottom