What kind of mites are these?

Dawn dish soap and water? That sounds too good to be true!
Youd be surprised what dawn can do! I use it as a flea killer. Literally seconds on and the fleas are dead. And a much safer alternative to the harsh chemicals in pesticides. For indoor ants, i use glade spray. Kills them instantly, and again, safer than commercial pesticides. I dont know whatelse glade will kill, but im assuming it wouldn't be a wise option in a chicken coop, lol.

Youd be surprised what dawn can do! I use it as a flea killer. Literally seconds on and the fleas are dead. And a much safer alternative to the harsh chemicals in pesticides. For indoor ants, i use glade spray. Kills them instantly, and again, safer than commercial pesticides. I dont know whatelse glade will kill, but im assuming it wouldn't be a wise option in a chicken coop, lol.
Glade spray? Wow! I'm going to try that now lol I live thr smell of glade :lol:

Yep. Try it!
Definitely!

So, when I make the dawn soap/water mixture... what's the ratio? Like, 1 or 2 drop of soap in a spray bottle of water?

I'm thinking if using it in between treatment to kill whatever is still living.

I just cannot believe how many there are... and they're so tiny!! ughhhhh and they're everywhere. I did the 3rd treatment yesterday but even after everything, I still see them crawling :(

Definitely!

So, when I make the dawn soap/water mixture... what's the ratio? Like, 1 or 2 drop of soap in a spray bottle of water?

I'm thinking if using it in between treatment to kill whatever is still living.

I just cannot believe how many there are... and they're so tiny!! ughhhhh and they're everywhere. I did the 3rd treatment yesterday but even after everything, I still see them crawling :(
Idk the ratio. You would have to google it prolly.

Personally I would spray the inside of your coop thoroughly every crack and crevice, everywhere. I spray the walls, floor and ceiling on and under the roost bars, again everywhere. I use the dust in the nest boxes. It takes 3 or 4 weekly treatments because it does not kill the mites eggs so repeat treatments are necessary, You may want to invest in the permethrin concentrate. I use a gallon sprayer with a wand which makes it easier to get to the hard to reach areas in my coops. I have used other strengths of permethrin but right now I have permethrin 10. I mix 6.4 oz to a gallon of water. Good luck...
Permethrin-10.jpg

Attachments

• GallonSprayer.jpeg
    GallonSprayer.jpeg
    352.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ScottsGallonSprayer.jpg
    ScottsGallonSprayer.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 0
Personally I would spray the inside of your coop thoroughly every crack and crevice, everywhere. I spray the walls, floor and ceiling on and under the roost bars, again everywhere. I use the dust in the nest boxes. It takes 3 or 4 weekly treatments because it does not kill the mites eggs so repeat treatments are necessary, You may want to invest in the permethrin concentrate. I use a gallon sprayer with a wand which makes it easier to get to the hard to reach areas in my coops. I have used other strengths of permethrin but right now I have permethrin 10. I mix 6.4 oz to a gallon of water. Good luck...View attachment 2653682
Thank you that is very helpful!

Back
Top Bottom