What kind of peafowl is this? What will he look like?

msmolly

Songster
May 31, 2013
Gates Mills, OH
So, we had a weird breeding season this past year with some egg swapping and what looked like musical nests. One of the eggs was appropriated by a chicken and I have no idea who the mother hen actually was. Now that he is developing some color, I am really confused. (By the way, letting a chicken hatch peachicks is heart breaking. Chicken hens leave their chicks much sooner than pea mammas. After about 8 weeks, the poor little pea baby runs around crying after the hen who wants nothing to do with the giant baby and actually pecks it. Meanwhile the other peahens keep nurturing their chicks well into the Fall and winter). It was absolutely heartbreaking to watch.
Anyway, any idea what I have here? IMG_8203.JPG IMG_8204.JPG IMG_8199 (2).jpg IMG_8205 (2).JPG
IMG_8205 (2).JPG

Reading your tag line I see that all you have is IB. If any of the cocks were split to a sex linked color any colored chicks would be hens, this is clearly not a hen. You have two or more IB's who are either BS or split to BS. The 'white' on your BS cock is just the normal juvenile coloration and will fill in over time.

Back
Top Bottom