What kind of roo is this Giant Rooster???? He is crazy giant!

here are 2 more pics, maybe it will help. Is he too much a mix to take to the fair?
80874_img_4730.jpg
and
80874_big_yeller.jpg

Quote:

I was just told this was an Americana by the person I bought him from. Yeah I can see that, but with the coloring and the bottom of his feet having a pale shade of whitish pink, I would say he may have a little something else in him too. What do you think Plus the book says males are 6.8 pounds.....This guys is minimum 10 pounds. Okay just ran out and measured him. Whooooh!
barnie.gif
That was more than I bargined for. What I could gather is 21 1/2 or 22 inches tall. Not completely stretched as when crowing. He's proably another two inches when streched and crowing. Tried to measure from outer shoulder to outer shoulder. What a wiggle butt! From my best measure 10 inches. Looking really good at his feet. They really are white to slate on top and whiteish pink on bottom. Got a real good look at his comb. It's has three rows of points....kind of odd for a rose comb. Don't really know what kind of comb this is. Does not truely look like anything in all my chicken books.
roll.png
D.gif

80874_comb.jpg

Last edited:
In every pic his mouth is open... is that because it is hot or does he crow that much? ugh... that's a lot of wake-up calls.

Good luck in finding out his breeding. I would go to the local show and fine out if they have a "mutt" class. Maybe you can show him anyway, just in some generic category. Would be worth a try, maybe he could set a standard for mutt roos
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom