what kind of rooster is this? and help with others?

what was i thinking

Songster
11 Years
Oct 1, 2008
cny ny
first post, but have spent several hours on here getting all kinds of info. husband said i could get a couple chickens. well i think i over did it. i got about 30 too many. person would only sell them if i took them all, so i did.

i need to know what kind of rooster this is, i have two of them, and need to get rid of one. everybody will be asking what he is. also is there any way to figure out how old he is?

i have identified most of the others pullets/roos. if you can help with any of these that would be great also. i don't know for sure on their age this was almost a month ago. i did find a picture of the salmon faverolle roosters on line at three months, bingo that was them. so i am going with about three months.

16501_michael.jpg

16501_babies.jpg

No idea on the rooster, but the others look like red and black sex-links mostly. In the bottom left corner it looks like a brown leghorn or welsummer. If her earlobes are white, she's a leghorn.

It's a gold duckwing colored rooster with a ..pea comb? Or is that a walnut comb? Those look like @ 5 month old pullets. Its just a guess though, I need closeups of their comb, wings and feet (his spurs) for a better guess.

the roosters comb is buttercup i think, it has three sections growing up. i thoought gold duckwing also, but is that more a color? i thought game?
the others, i also think sex links and ee's. i do have one white one with green legs and no tail. the black ones have one white feather on their wings(one is just like that but much lighter almost a grey)
these pics off my phone have to try to get some off camera, will work on it.
thanks for your help.

i thought since it wasnt single it was buttercup. now i will have to bring him in the house, so i can get a gooood pic of it. see i am learning more by the minute. also i found feathersite first, but now i use you guys as the first reference. usually a lot of pics at different ages. they don't have a lot of pullet or roos, all younger or older.

ok that didn't work out so well. i guess he didn't want his picture taken, he wasn't being very friendly.
i did get some pic of the other ones.
this is the white one, those are green legs right?
16501_white_baby.jpg

this is the largest bird of them all red sex link?
16501_better_sexlink.jpg

16501_red_sexlink.jpg

also this is one of the hens, she has the white feather on her wings is that what the little one will be?
16501_black_hen.jpg

I would guess the white one with green legs is an easter egger. That is a pea comb, which they usually have. The red ones do look like red sex-links, and they would be females since they have so much red in them. Males are white, and develop a few red feathers throughout.

i was wondering if anyone could tell me the breed of the black hen sitting on the window?
thanks for the help on the others. (please don't think i leave them in that little cage, was giving them some air on the move home. besides they would never fit now. just looked at it again and thought wow that doesn't look good.)

Back
Top Bottom