1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What kind of rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MinnerBuckwheat, Jul 9, 2011.

1. MinnerBuckwheat

MinnerBuckwheat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    West Michigan
    Traded my 4 white rock pullets (don't care to have white chickens) for 2 barred rocks and 2 "BO's" that ended up being one BO and one Buff Rock [​IMG] Anyway, they brought me 2 surprise roo's too [​IMG] because apparently they have too many roos. One is a barred OEGB which is beautiful, and this gorgeous guy, well I have no idea what he is, and figure he's probably and EE or a mix? He has black legs, is mostly black, with iridescent tail feathers and some lighter colored feathers around his neck. I really don't have a use for him as I have one full sized roo and now 3 bantam roos, but they just brought him with the girls, lol.

[​IMG]

2. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Maybe a Black Star or Black SexLink Roo?..?..

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Black sex link males are barred, so he's not that.

He looks to be a mixed breed. It's possible to get a beardless EE, so he could be. My olive egger crosses have similar markings. (although mine have beards)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by