What kind of scraps can you feed 10 month old chickens that are safe and healthy?

nothing too sugary, but other than that from what i understand, there isn’t much that they can’t eat when it comes to table scraps. just make sure that you provide grit. i always double check with google when i go to give something to my girls for the first time. a favourite for mine is corn on the cob- i like to hang up the cob a foot n a half or so off the ground and they go crazy for it.

In the past, chickens were fed only scraps, and allowed to follow the other livestock and clean up after them.

Feed a good laying ration, and anything you scrap from the table, the only thing mine won't eat is potato skins. You do not want this to be their only food source, but an older ranch wife said of any food left over, or unfit for human consumption..."Let's make eggs out of this and did."

In the past, chickens were fed only scraps, and allowed to follow the other livestock and clean up after them.

Feed a good laying ration, and anything you scrap from the table, the only thing mine won't eat is potato skins. You do not want this to be their only food source, but an older ranch wife said of any food left over, or unfit for human consumption..."Let's make eggs out of this and did."
:goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom