What kind of shoes do you wear out to the chickens?

I posted earlier but wanted to say that I keep two grocery-store plastic bags hung just inside the coop that I can slip over my shoes if I find myself at the coop for something and have the wrong shoes on.

The bags protect my shoes and there is no tread for anything to get stuck in.

Love, Linn B (aka Smart Red) Gardening zone 5a - 4b in south-est, central-est Wisconsin

My husband and I both keep a pair of shoes for the coop by the back door. Mine are bright pink garden clogs that the girls just love. If I wear sneakers, they untie my laces!
smile.png
My husband has an old pair of slip on shoes.

I wear my old work boots. They are falling apart and the treads have been worn flat so they don't pick up too much. My chicks lobe to peck at them too. I always regret when I am in a rush and go in with my new work boots

I where flip flops when it is warm, or crocs. But when it is wet and muddy I where my muck boots, and then when it gets cold and snowy I break out my snow boots. But I never really brush or hose them off I just go in the back door, slip them off, and set them on the basement steps. I have gone barefoot often but not as much I used to when I was younger. I never where my school shoes lol they are way to nice, and need to stay that way… if my mom saw me in the chicken yard with my school shoes on… I don’t even want to think about what she would do to me!

Last edited:
Hubby bout me a pair of those rubber boots so I can just hose them off. Last year we got a TON of snow and wanted something that was easy on/off and would be keep my legs dry when the snow flies. I also have just a pair of crummy slip ons that I can rinse off if there is poop on them.

Back
Top Bottom