What kind of thermometer do you use?

TillinWithMyPeeps

Waiting for Spring...
11 Years
Aug 22, 2008
Ohio
The cheap thermometer that came with my hovabator broke, and I need to get a new one. What kind of thermometer do you use? Where did you buy it?

For my 1588 I have 3.

All three are thermometer/hygrometer combos.

I got two of them from Radio Shack, one from Walmart.

The $25 one from Radio Shack worked the best and I felt was the most accurate although I never tested it.

Quote:
the spot check comes highly recomended by speckeld hen. ( byc moderator) i have one on order cant wait for it to get here

I have two Brinsea Spot Checks and want to get another for my third machine, they are very accurate. Brinsea told me it is safe to put the whole unit in the machine if you don't have a probe hole, just be sure the probe isn't touching anything up to the spot where it would stop if inserted into a probe hole.

Spot Check by Brinsea (if distributed by GQF, it's called Egg-Temp). It measures each tenth of a degree as it happens so you know the true range of the air temperature. It has a pinpoint accuracy rating and if you look on the package of any household thermometer, you'll see no accuracy rating (you'll see a temp range, but that has nothing to do with accuracy).
348_dcp_4025.jpg

Back
Top Bottom